Truck Accident Lawyers in Jacksonville, FL
Experienced Jacksonville, Florida, injury lawyers stand up to powerful trucking companies
Accidents involving semis, tractor trailers or larger trucks differ from other types of vehicle accidents, based on three factors:
- Due to the impact of heavy tonnage, accidents with trucks usually cause serious injury or death.
- When seeking to recover damages, injured parties must fight for their rights against skilled law firms representing insurance companies or the trucking industry.
- Immediate investigation and case preparation are crucial and may require investigation by multiple parties.
Multiple party claims
Multiple party claims often arise in trucking accidents because multiple individuals or companies may be liable when a truck collides with a passenger car. For example, the following parties can have liability in a truck accident claim:
- The owner of the truck cab
- A different company that owns the truck trailer
- The driver of the truck
- The trucking company employing the driver
- A manufacturer of defective truck vehicle parts
- Mechanics or maintenance company personnel responsible for truck repair
- A county or state that fails to maintain safe road conditions
Trucking Industry Regulation
Trucking is a heavily regulated industry — under both the federal and Florida State laws set forth in the Commercial Motor Vehicle Manual produced by the Florida Department of Transportation. Truck drivers and companies are responsible for complying with laws regarding cargo weight, equipment, driver road test and medical clearance and background checks for employment history, driving record and criminal record. In addition, drivers must limit their continuous driving hours to a regulated maximum number, and they must take scheduled breaks. Trucks must pass inspection at specified intervals.
The complexity of truck accident cases makes representation by an experienced and competent truck accident lawyer in Jacksonville vital to obtain the compensation deserved. The truck accident lawyers at Fallgatter Catlin & Varon, P.A. have in-depth knowledge of the traffic and trucking industry, along with solid background experience in the insurance industry. Because we are familiar with the tactics of insurance companies and large corporations, we are prepared to defend the rights of our clients and provide the best representation possible.
If you or a loved one suffers injuries in an accident with a large commercial vehicle, you need the support of a Jacksonville truck accident lawyer with extensive experience within this specialized area of personal injury law. Contact us online, or call our office at (904) 353-5800to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your injury resulting from a truck accident.