Multiple DUI Convictions
Jacksonville DUI Defense Law Firm
Help for people with multiple DUI Convictions
Any DUI charge and conviction in Florida has consequences. But if you’ve already been convicted of DUI and are charged again with driving under the influence, the penalties you face increase substantially with each further conviction. Just because your first offense was considered a misdemeanor doesn’t mean subsequent offenses will be: It’s in your best interest to contact an experienced DUI defense lawyer who can fight the charges against you.
Field tests are not designed to prove your innocence. They are tools to develop evidence against you. So are breath tests. Once arrested, your license will be suspended, effective in 10 days. You only have that short time to fully protect your rights and privileges. Do not wait. Get experienced legal help immediately. At Fallgatter Catlin & Varon, P.A., our Jacksonville attorneys have extensive experience defending clients with multiple DUIs. As a repeat offender, you are likely to face an aggressive prosecution, so you need a defense that’s as tenacious. And if this is your fourth or subsequent DUI offense, you face felony charges that can include five years in prison and a loss of driving privileges that can seriously affect your ability to earn an income and support your family.
Increasingly severe penalties for multiple DUIs
The severity of the penalties you face for multiple DUIs depend upon the number of prior DUI convictions you have.
- Second offense: Maximum incarceration between 9 and 12 months and mandatory minimum of 10 days; fines between $1,000 and $4,000; your vehicle impounded for 30 days
- Third offense: Maximum incarceration between 9 and 12 months and mandatory minimum of 30 days; fines between $2,000 and $5,000; vehicle impoundment for 90 days
- Fourth offense: A felony charge that carries a maximum incarceration of 5 years with a mandatory minimum of 30 days; fines of $2,000 and greater; vehicle impoundment for 90 days.
In addition to the penalties listed above, you face the following:
- Suspended or revoked driver’s license
- Mandatory attendance at driving school
- Installation of ignition interlock device in your vehicle
The charges and penalties increase if you cause serious bodily harm or death while driving under the influence. Our experienced legal team is well versed in Florida DUI laws and the penalties attached to multiple DUIs. We know how to challenge the evidence against you to give you the best possible chance of getting your charges reduced. With your freedom and future on the line, you deserve nothing less.
Contact us for help with multiple DUIs in Florida
If you’ve been charged with DUI and have prior convictions, it’s important to seek solid legal counsel as soon as possible, to protect your rights and fight for your freedom. At Fallgatter Catlin & Varon, P.A., our Jacksonville attorneys understand the severity of the penalties for multiple DUIs in Florida and are thoroughly prepared to offer you a determined defense. Contact us online or call our office today at 904-353-5800 for a free consultation with a member of our firm.
Download a free copy of our DUI SURVIVAL GUIDE today!